1 (edited by kermac 2016-10-03 04:58:04)

Topic: Line graph not working properly

I have found the Single Reading and Board Control views for Air/Fuel Ratio are not very useful for three reasons: (1) the refresh rate - even when slowed to the max degree - is too fast to be readable, (2) the presence of three decimal places compounds this problem and (3) the reading is actually a Lambda reading based around a stoichiometric figure of 1 as opposed to 14.7:1 which I am used to.

I thought the line graph might be a better representation since you are not really looking for actual figures as an indication of fuel mapping problems but variations from what it should be.  It should get richer as you accelerate hard, and leaner on deceleration.  A line graph will provide the first indication that something is wrong.

I changed the setting on that Preset, but no matter how I manipulated it, the display would only show the line on the extreme right of the screen, ie the line commenced in the last 1/10th of the screen. Then there was a long wait until the line started again in the same place.  It's as though the line was working its way across from the left of the screen, but was invisible until it got to almost the end when it suddenly sprang into view, then disappeared again almost immediately.

Before you ask, my DIS screen is in perfect condition - no missing pixels at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Line graph not working properly

Do other features work that are also drawing pixel graphics? Like the snake game or the startlogo feature.

I haven't tried the snake game but the start logo works fine every time I start up.  I have the all-wheel-drive gecko.  I have also tried viewing other data as a line graph (eg boost) and the result is exactly the same

Please try the snake game. If the snake game runs correctly, I know that the "draw pixels" functions of the FIS-Control are working with your cluster.

Sorry - it's taken me a while to get around to this.  The start logo works fine (I assume - just a static picture of a gecko and the word Audi). 

The snake game comes up on the screen, the opening graphic fades up the screen, then nothing happens until a small square appears in the bottom right hand corner.  Then GAME OVER immediately appears on the screen.

It does not respond to any of the buttons on the stalk and no lines appear so I guess the game doesn't work.  Can this be the same problem as the line graphs?

Hi, that is a known problem with some TT clusters. I have solved it, but you will have to set the FIS-Control into "navigation mode". Easiest way to do it: Hold the down button of the wiper stalk while turning on the ignition. Then press the up key one time. Next time you start the ignition, the graphics should work.

7 (edited by kermac 2016-11-10 01:22:45)

Sounds nice and easy Stefan, and thanks for your advice.  However, I tried this procedure on my TT and it didn't work with either Snake or graphs.  I tried several times but no luck

I will check during the weekend if there is a problem.

Hi, please update to the firmware I uploaded today. Then activate the item "TT cluster" at SETTINGS -> USER MODS and save the settings.

Hi Stefan

Before I do this, is there a possibility you will be able to convert lambda readings to AFR (preferably to 1 decimal point)?  Or can this be uploaded some time in the future?

Thanks for all the work you have already done.  I know I have taken up a lot of your time

If you have a Zeitronix Lambda box connected to the FIS-Control, the FIS-Control can already show AFR or lambda. For the reading that comes from the ECU, normally the lambda voltage is shown. I have not added a conversion, yet. But it might be possible to add this in a future firmware.

Thanks Stefan.  I have a Zeitronix ZT-2 in my other Audi, but in the TT I'm taking my fuel ratio reading directly from the engine controller through the FIS Control.  I could drill the manifold and weld in a bung for an AFR sensor, but on the TT that's a major job.  Probably requires taking the engine out...

I'll wait for the future firmware upgrade.  In the meantime I'll load your latest upgrade and try and get the graph working.

Cheers

Is the sensor in your TT a wide band O2 sensor?
Could you please check how the FIS-Control outputs the sensor data. I expect that the OBD reading gives the voltage of the sensor, right?

Yes it's a wideband sensor.  How do I check how the FIS-Control outputs the sensor data?

I don't know in which measurement group the ECU has the lambda reading. Maybe you can spot it when you browse through the groups of your ECU.
I need to know if the reading outputs a voltage or a lambda value, so that I can convert it to AFR.