Re: Ask for new feature about relay output

Yes, it corresponds to the online configurator. But this setting actually only sets the protocol that the FIS-Control tries first during auto-detection. To confirm the protocol (and to disable the auto-detection) it is still necessary to press SAVE SETTINGS.

I hope I find a way to improve this in the future.

I tried again after a day without using the car and it didn't work, I had to switch the ignition ON/OFF several times.
The autostart logo was enabled, I thought I can enable it again after the "trick". I don't know if I shouldn't do that.
RNS-E was OFF before.

Otherwise, I played with the "UART <-> DIS" function. I made a little Windows application to send data over the bluetooth serial bus. Just for fun for the moment, but it's a nice function !

http://www.forumvr6.com/photos/2224/S4-divers/FIS-thanks-Stefan.jpeg

Hey, thanks man.

I will prepare a firmware for you to analyze the startup issue.

Have you figured out the UART->DIS protocol yourself? I don't have it in the manual anymore.

29 (edited by Kenny 2016-06-16 21:55:52)

I didn't figure out the protocol myself, I found that topic : http://fis-control.de/punBB/viewtopic.php?pid=839#p839

So I can write text on the upper two lines and in the middle of the screen. But I don't know how to display graphics (command 0x06) or symbols (command 0x04 and 0x0A font).
But your protocol is very simple to use !

Graphics can only be shown on the monochrome displays.

Hi Stefan,

After a few days, I can now say that the FIS-control works very well on my car. I just have to wait a little sometimes but it always end up by activating it itself.

I just have a request for you now. I don't know if it's a lot of work for you, but I would be very happy if I had a new option in the main menu which would enable/disable relay #1 (and maybe saving its state in the EEPROM?)

Something like that :

EXIT
EXHAUST VALVES <-- new option : enable/disable relay#1 ("ECHAPPEMENT" in french)
PRESETS
MEASUREMENT
READ DTC

What do you think ?

Hi, I did a similar modification for another user. I replaced the "SETTINGS" menu item in the main menu with an "EXTRA" menu (that is actually the relay menu). I also labelled the relays.

You can test this feature be enabling "TRASKY" in SETTINGS -> USER MODS. Like all user mods, it will become active next time the FIS-Control is turned on.

If you want, I can do the same for you. Saving the Relay state is to complicated for now. The memory of the FIS-Control is organized in flash pages. So it is not possible to change a single bit without having to rewrite the whole flash page.

Hi,

I just tested this mod and it's a good solution for what I want.

Is it possible to have the pages like that ?

Before                           After

EXIT                         EXIT
PRESETS                   PRESETS
MEASUREMENT         EXTRAS 1
READ DTC                 EXTRAS 2
SETTINGS                 SETTINGS

ECU INFO                 READ DTC
K-LINE <-> UART     MEASUREMENT
UART <-> DIS          K-LINE <-> UART
SNAKE                     ECU INFO
RELAYS                    SNAKE

ABOUT                     ABOUT

"EXTRAS 1" is the "RELAYS" menu renamed.
"EXTRAS 2" is the "UART <-> DIS" menu renamed too.

And in the "EXTRAS 1" menu ("RELAYS" before) :
"EXHAUST VALVES 1" (or "EXHAUST V 1" if it's too long)
"EXHAUST VALVES 2" (or "EXHAUST V 2" if it's too long)
"RELAY 3" (or "" empty line if possible ?)
"RELAY 4" (or "" empty line if possible ?)

Thanks a lot !

Hi,

I added the possibility to label the relays. New firmware is on my website.

Hi,

I just try it and it's perfect ! With the "TRASKY" mod, that's exactly what I wanted. Thanks a lot !!

I noticed the "RELAYS" menu isn't anymore labelled "EXTRAS" with this new FW and "TRASKY" mod enabled. Did you rename it back ?

Yes, I changed it back to "RELAYS".