Topic: FIS-Control MMI

I realise that you will release more details when you are ready, however maybe you can answer a couple of simple questions?
1) Based on your video, the functionality looks simpler than this DIS-based version. Do you plan that the MMI version will end up having similar functionality to the DIS version?
2) Will the dial ranges be configurable so to match the particular car - e.g. the boost gauge maximum on the dial can correspond to the actual boost limit of a tuned car?

Re: FIS-Control MMI

Hi!

1) Initially the FIS-Control MMI will be simpler as the DIS-based version. For now I just want to have nice gauges and to display notifiactions about short messages (like WhatsApp) and emails with it. Of course it will be possible to add more features later with firmware updates.

2) At the moment, the gauges can only be customzed by me. But in the final product I plan to have at least the following items customizable by the user:
- the background graphic
- the scale of each dial
- the source of the displayed value

Any update on when you will sell this?

My plan was to make it available until the end of this year. I am not sure if this is still possible...

Thanks Stefan - enjoy "Weihnachten" - I'll look out for an update in the new year smile

Stefan - do you have an idea when you will publicly launch this product?

I know it took a lot longer than expected. Because of delays with the production of the hardware, I only had a very small amount of devices for testing in different cars. Now that the hardware is available, I see that there are more differences between the cars than I hoped. That means that I have a lot more work to support the different cars.
Now we also face the problem that the needed cable set (that is also used for the older FIS-Control in the Golf Mk5 and Audi A3 8P/TT 8J) got sold out. The Turbozentrum is waiting for the next batch of cables.

So my current plan is to sort out all other issues until the cables arrive... hopefully early next month.

Hi,
Iā€™m interested in ordering the MMI version for my Audi S1? I realise that it is still in development but I really want it anyway!

Can I order from Turbozentrum?

Like I explained in the above post, it is a lot of work to add support for all cars and all measurement values. To make sure that I already have added the measurement values you want to display with the FIS-Control MMI, please provide some information about your ECU to me. I need to know the ASAM dataset of the ECU. This can be seen in the "Advanced ID" section when you connect the VCDS tool to your ECU.
Also provide a list of values you want to see.
Best is a screenshot of VCDS. Like so:
https://fis-control.de/images/Andi_S5_Wunschdaten.png

Once I am sure that I support your ECU, I will inform the Turbozentrum Berlin so that you can place your order there.
Sorry, I know this is a little complicated, but it is the only way for me to offer such a product.

10 (edited by Dippy 2018-05-31 22:56:48)

Stefan, I was planning to just wait for your general product launch on the assumption that you would have full compatibility by then, at least for the A5. Is that not the case and you are going to have to get the above information from every customer? I have a 2015 S5 sportback.

ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM30TFS0218K2907551A
ASAM Dataset Revision: 003001

As long as I don't find a better way, I will have to ask every customer for a set of measurement values, that I will then add manually to the firmware of the FIS-Control.

Ok, I will find someone with VCDS so I can get this information.