1 (edited by <tuffty/> 2018-02-13 23:46:12)

Topic: Compatibility with aftermarket ECU and OBDII

Hi

I have a FIS v2.2 fitted to my 2001 Audi S3 8L and have recently swapped out the standard ECU for an aftermarket one (http://www.ignitronecu.com/)

It supports ISO 15765-4 (CAN 11bit / 500kbaud) and OBD-II PIDs mode 01..... is there any way I can get FIS to connect to this to display the PID data?

I am currently struggling to get FIS working at the moment as I assume its expecting the ECU to be connected based on my current presets etc...

Ideally I'd like to get it working to display the generic OBD-II data and work with the external sensors I currently have connected...

I have attached a snip of the OBD-II screen on the ECU software...

Any help would be appreciated as I really don't want to lose FIS from the car... I can get any info you need from the ECU's developer to help if needed

Cheers

<tuffty/>

Post's attachments

OBD-II-001.PNG 14.31 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Compatibility with aftermarket ECU and OBDII

Hi,

sorry, the FIS-Control does not support the OBD-II protocol and I have no plans to add it.
The supported protocols (KWP1281 and KWP2000) allow to read a lot more data from the VAG ECUs than OBD-II. Therefore the FIS-Control uses only those KWP protocols.

In your screenshot I see a tab "Audi/VW protocol emulation". What does this do?

Re: Compatibility with aftermarket ECU and OBDII

Hi Stefan...

Thats a shame... I have attached a screen shot of the emulation screen...

Its used by the ECU to communicate with all other controllers on the powertrain CAN (eg dials, ABS/ESP, haldex, aircon, airbag...)

<tuffty/>

Post's attachments

OBD-II-002.PNG 31.95 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.