Topic: Overview Boost pressure / EDC Map

Hi Stefan,

First of all, congratulations on the work done with the FIS Control!
I've installed the box last week and still learning how to properly set everything up.
Anyway on the overview preset the boost pressure shown has no sense whatsoever or at least I can't make sense of it. What makes me cringe is the fact that I've setup another preset only with the boost gauge and the values shown are what they should be expected.

On the ECU info I have noticed the possibility of EDC Map selection (00002 by default). Here in the forum I have found a post by another user about that, but was not sure it was fully implemented and so wanted to ask you if it is really possible to have up to 3 ECU maps we can select. If it is possible, what are the steps to make a selection be implemented? If I start to tinker with this feature I just don't want to end up with a bricked ECU since I'm fairly new on the VAG COM world.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Overview Boost pressure / EDC Map

Hi,

have you set the same "Control unit", "group" and "block" for the overview preset and the boost preset?

Are you showing the boost in PSI? This might be the problem. I am not sure if I considered that for the overview preset. The default unit for the boost in the overview is BAR.

The EDC map selector of the FIS-Control expects that there are three maps available in the ECU that can be selected by setting the soft coding to "1", "2" or "3". The FIS-Control does nothing else than recoding the ECU to one of these values. A precondition is, that the current coding is also one of these three values.

Re: Overview Boost pressure / EDC Map

Hi,

Thank you for the prompt reply and sorry for my late one.
At first the solution you indicated didn't work, but now it is working properly, don't know why, maybe some step I did wrong.
About the edc map, it seems that I have my current map on the number 2 then.
Thanks for the explanation.