Topic: Displaying external EGT value along side Engine ECU values

Hello Stefan,

I have just installed a K type EGT probe to my FIS-control (red wire connected+, white wire connected-)

Is it possible to display the EGT value in a collection with the Engine ECU?

I know the EGT value is displayed in the logs supplied from so it is always being read in the background but im not sure how to add this to a collection.

Many thanks, Richard.

Re: Displaying external EGT value along side Engine ECU values

Yes, that is possible. Here you can read how to do it: https://fis-control.de/manual.html#c64
If you have questions, just ask.

3 (edited by rpeach92 2020-09-19 21:50:28)

Re: Displaying external EGT value along side Engine ECU values

stefan@fis-control wrote:

Yes, that is possible. Here you can read how to do it: https://fis-control.de/manual.html#c64
If you have questions, just ask.

Thank you! I knew it was somewhere!

Collections
It is possible to define four collections for the preset view "collection". A collection is a set of up to six measurement values. These readings may be taken from different measurement groups of a control unit. You can also include the measurements of external sensors to a collection.
First pick the collection you want to configure (1 to 4). Now you can setup each line (1 to 6). For every line you can select the measurement group that contains the specific value and which of the values you want.
This has to be repeated for all lines and all collections.
To select a collection go to SETTINGS -> PRESETS and choose the view COLLECTION for the preset. The FIS-Control will read the measurement group that is defined as GROUP directly after connecting to the defined control unit. So it is best to select a GROUP for the preset that is also used in the collection.
The meaning of the preset value is the number of the collection to use (1 to 4).
To include measurements from the external sensors to a collection, got to the collection configuration menu and set the GROUP to "0". The VALUE will specify, which external sensor to use. The assignment is as follows:

Value 1 to 7 are the sensor inputs 1 to 7
    Value 8 is the on board ambient pressure sensor
    Value 9 and 10 are the both EGT inputs
    Value 11 to 16 are the GPS data (if a GPS mousse is connected to the FIS-Control)