Topic: Accessing ABS controller

Hi,

I am struggling to access my ABS controller, I’ve never tried to before but only recently my ABS light came on and I was looking to find the error code in FIS control, sadly no communication with ABS unit via FIS control.

Cannot read ABS ‘ECU INFO’ or ‘Measurements’ and will not display DTC’s

ABS Light flashes whilst connecting to unit but always comes up with an error for no communication with the unit.

I have fixed the problem I had with the ABS fault, the ABS unit was still accessible via VCDS and I was able to read the fault codes/MVB’s, replaced faulty sensor.

I cannot connect to the ABS unit via FIS control, I thought the problem was because there was a fault in the controller blocking access.

Stefan can you help here please or anyone?

My car is an Audi A3 1.9tdi ASZ 2003 8L

Re: Accessing ABS controller

Normallly the FIS-Control should be able to communicate with the ABS controller.
Was your car standing still while you tried to connect? ABS controller does not accept new connections while the car is moving.

Re: Accessing ABS controller

stefan@fis-control wrote:

Normallly the FIS-Control should be able to communicate with the ABS controller.
Was your car standing still while you tried to connect? ABS controller does not accept new connections while the car is moving.

Hi Stefan,

Yes I was at idle/stationary also with just the ignition on and I tried turning the car off and back on again and still no communication with the ABS unit hmm