Topic: Zada Tech Oil Pressure Sensor issue

Hi Stefan,

I bought a Zada Tech Oil Pressure Sensor
(http://zada-tech.com/products/sensors-r … ure-sensor) which I thought it was supported by FIS-Control.

I connect the '+' line to 5V, '-' to Gnd on FIS-Control and signal line to sensor input #1, #3 #5 on different test, but all does not work.

I have set the sensor input I tested to Zada Tech Oil Pressure in the settings, but my FIS-Control does not show measure view when I select Measure, it just stays in the main menu after I select Measure.

I can see there is 5 volts from 5V pin on FIS-Control and I can measure  0.57 volts when connected to sensor input #5.

The voltage of sensor input #5 rise as I press the throttle pedal.

I am running the latest firmware and I have a 2.2 ver. HW.

Is this caused by the sensor I chose is  not supported yet ? Thank you .

BRs,
Jeremy

Re: Zada Tech Oil Pressure Sensor issue

Hi Jeremy,

the Zadatech oil pressure sensor is supported by the FIS-Control.
It has an signal voltage between 0 and 5 volts. So connect it to sensor input 5, 6 or 7 of the FIS-Control.
Go to SETTINGS -> SENSORS and select "ZADA OIL-P" for the used sensor input.

According to you last config file, you have hidden the external sensors. In order to start a measurement, go to SETTINGS -> MASK and set the sensor inputs visible.

Hi Stefan,

Thank you. After unmask , I can see oil pressure now in measure view.

I have one more question. How do I know if my sensor has internal voltage divider and comes with 1.1k or 220 ohms resistor?

I connect my sensor to input #5 and I get 0 bar when my car is hot and idle, but I get 1 bar when connect to input #1. The value seems more normal when connect to input #1.

below values are what I tested with different sensor input:
Input    @a     @b     @c     @d        @e          @f
#1.      11.2     1.3     1        4.98V    0.99V     0.89V
#3.      11.2     6.1     6.1     4.98V    2.92V     2.92V
#5.      4.2       0.3    -0.5     0.11V    0.62V     0.27V

@a: Measure value when no sensor connected.
@b: Measure value with sensor connected and car at idle.
@c: Measure value with sensor connected and car is off.
@d: Voltage when no sensor connected.
@e: Voltage with sensor connected and car at idle.
@f: Voltage with sensor connected and car is off.

Thank you!

BRs,
Jeremy

You have the FIS-Control 2.2. That means the sensor inputs 1 and 2 have voltage dividers with 1.1kOhms, and inputs 3 and 4 have 220 ohms and inputs 5, 6 and 7 have no voltage divider.
The inputs 5, 6 and 7 should be used for sensors that give a 0-5 volts output signal (like the Zadatech oil pressure sender).

To check that the FIS-Conrtol measures corretly, you can measure the voltage of the sensor, while it is not connected to the FIS-Control. Then compare it to the "ADC-VOLTAGE" reading of the FIS-Control. It should be the same.

Hi Stefan,

The voltage of the sensor while it is not connected to the FIS-Control is the same with ADC-VOLTAGE reading of sensor input 5.
I got 0.55V from ADC-VOLTAGE with sensor connected to input 5, but got 0.88V from ADC-VOLTAGE with sensor connected to input 1.

While the sensor is not connected to any sensor input, I got 0.55V also, same with that connected to input 5, but the BAR value is too low while connected to input 5. It keeps stays in 0 BAR when car is hot and idle and -0.5 BAR when car is off.

1. How does FIS-Control convert the voltage to BAR? Can it be adjustable?
2. I prefer the reading of sensor input 1. Is there any harm if I connected the sensor to input 1 instaed input 5?

Thank you :-)

BRs,
Jeremy

Hi Stefan,

I just saw there is a print shows 12V on the sensor. I think the wrong reading might caused by wrong power supply.
I will change and power supply first. Thank you :-)

BRs,
Jeremy

Hi Stefan,

After connected the sensor to a 12V power, the reading of input 5 becomes normal now.

Thanks for your prompt support. Thank you.

BRs,
Jeremy