Re: How to set up Collections?

Stefan

I was just reading some other threads in the forum.  The one by Trivium88 (last post 29 Sept 2016) seems to be a similar one to mine.  FIS-Control does not appear on the screen and is not responsive to the buttons on the wiper stalk.  You solved it by removing User Mods which shouldn't have been in there.

Is there any chance mine could be a similar problem?  I haven't tried to load the old firmware yet  but will do so if I have time once I get home this evening.

You have cleared the user settings with TeraTerm. That includes the "User Mods". So I don't think that you have a problem there.

Do you remember what value you have set in the adapatation channel 62 of your instrument cluster? Is it 15?
Do you know the part number and software version of your cluster?

28 (edited by kermac 2016-11-21 23:49:46)

stefan@fis-control wrote:

You have cleared the user settings with TeraTerm. That includes the "User Mods". So I don't think that you have a problem there.

Do you remember what value you have set in the adapatation channel 62 of your instrument cluster? Is it 15?
Do you know the part number and software version of your cluster?

I will have to check the value in adaptation channel 62 and get back to you.  I can probably access it with vcds.

I guess I will also be able to access the part number and software version of the cluster in the same way.  I know the previous owner replaced the entire instrument unit some years ago because of pixel failure as well as coolant temp gauge and fuel gauge failure, but the new numbers should show up on vcds.

I didn't have time to load the older version of firmware before it got dark.  It's difficult working in the car after dark

kermac wrote:

I will have to check the value in adaptation channel 62 and get back to you.  I can probably access it with vcds.

I guess I will also be able to access the part number and software version of the cluster in the same way.  I know the previous owner replaced the entire instrument unit some years ago because of pixel failure as well as coolant temp gauge and fuel gauge failure, but the new numbers should show up on vcds.

I didn't have time to load the older version of firmware before it got dark.  It's difficult working in the car after dark

I finally got my car back from the workshop (further repairs after collision with kangaroo).  I checked the value in adaptation channel 62 - it's 15.  Part number of the cluster (KOMBI + WEGFAHRS) M73 D56, Software coding 07744.

However, this is no longer so important - see next post...

I loaded the older version of the firmware you sent me and everything is back to normal.  I entered the presets manually on the stalk.  See next post for further question.

Stefan
I have written a version of the Configurator for viewing Collections.  I'm not certain if I've got it right.  I wonder if you could check it for me?
I don't think I can send attachments on the forum, so I'll try attaching the file to an email and sending that to your email address with an explanation of what I'm trying to do. It's an internet DAT file so I don't know if it will work
Kerry

One more thing Stefan
The Graph view (for Air:Fuel Ratio) is still not working properly.  As before, the line appears only at the extreme right of the screen.
Do you have enough information to suggest a fix?

kermac wrote:

One more thing Stefan
The Graph view (for Air:Fuel Ratio) is still not working properly.  As before, the line appears only at the extreme right of the screen.
Do you have enough information to suggest a fix?

This should work with the current firmware.

stefan@fis-control wrote:

This should work with the current firmware.

I don't think the current firmware will work with my ecu.  The previous firmware I uploaded  ( http://fis-control.de/files/2015-10-04_ … ontrol.fw) works fine except for this small problem, plus as you said in your email the earlier firmware does not support the Collection feature.

If you remember, when I uploaded the latest version of firmware, my screen went blank and only came back when I uploaded the earlier version.

Are you saying I should return to the latest version again?  Was it just a temporary problem with this version?  To put it another way, are you sure my screen will not go blank again if I reload the latest firmware?

Yes, please upload the current firmware and report if it works. If the new firmware is not compatible to your car, then it is a bug. I am sure that it can be fixed.

I tried uploading the current firmware, but same as before.  The screen freezes and won't do anything.  I then uploaded the earlier (2015) version again and everything was fine except for its limitations with Collections and Graph view.

I tried it several times to make sure, with the same result.  The data transfers through Tera Term but nothing shows on the screen except ambient temp (middle section) and kms to empty (bottom section).  The older version worked as normal every time

Stefan

Thanks to all your emails, I got my collections up and running on my TT.  It's a fantastic system!  Now I'm ready to start some serious upgrading to the engine with the confidence of real-time monitoring of temperatures and pressures.

The only thing I would ask is if you would let me know when you are able to recode the firmware to convert lambda values to air:fuel ratio, preferably with a single decimal point.  The graph is good, but I find it a lot easier to read 12.2 than 0.963!

Thank you for all your help and a great product,

Kerry

I will add conversion of lambda to AFR. But I won't have time for this in the next days, so please be patient.

That's fine Stefan.  The system is working well at the moment and I am happy to wait for this little improvement.

In the meantime - Fröhliche Weihnachten!

Kerry