Topic: Availability

Hi Stefan,

I noticed that you have withdrawn your previous beta (?) announcement from your website. Does this suggest that the configuration problems that you have faced mean that general availability of the MMI version will not be for some time now?

Re: Availability

At the moment I have to modify the software of the FIS-Control MMI for every single user.
This a lot of work, but as the hardware is ready for sale now, the Turbozentrum will add the FIS-Control MMI to their online shop during next week.
I just try to reduce the requests for now, so I decided to not longer mention the FIS-Control MMI on my website.

Thanks. Do you have generic software that allows it to have basic functions or do I have to give you a list of my required data before it will work at all?

A list of already supported control units (ECU data sets) can be seen in the configurator at:
https://fis-control.de/mmi.html

You can also see, which measurement values are already supported for each control unit.

If your control unit is not already on the list, please inform me and I will add it.

Thanks Stefan
Mine is EV_ECM30TFS0218K2907551A 003001
(2015 UK RHD S5 sportback)

Did you need more information from me to add my ECU?

Yes, I need a list of the measurement values that you want to read with the FIS-Control.
VCDS has a label for each value (like IDE0012345 or ENG0012345), If you tell me these names, I can make sure that I add the correct values.

Thanks, I'll do that. Is there a limit to how many can be configured?

Depending on the ECU, the FIS-Control is able to read between 8 to 10 values.

Sorry, I meant how long a list of possible measurement values to choose from can you accept? My first pass through the list produced 16 values of interest, but there may be more. I see that one of the datasets on your configuration webpage has 20 values to choose from - is that the limit?

Also have you had any customers install the unit into a RHD car yet? If so did they provide any feedback about difficulties - particularly if the bus module is in the same location as LHD cars?

There is no limit. Theoretically I could support all values of a ECU. It is just a lot of work to add new formulas to the FIS-Control, so I will only add the most intersting ones.

I only know of a customer with a RHD Audi S1. But I don't know if the location of the CAN gateway differs.

Thanks. I came up with a total of 31 values so I'll reduce that as far as I can and post the list.

Please post the complete list, but tell me the most important ones, so that I can add them first.

14 (edited by Dippy 2018-07-10 09:17:34)

Hi Stefan,

My prioritised list is below. On the basis that I can have 3 gauges on the first screen and a list of 10 values on the second, I'd like to have a total of 13 values so that I can access all. So there are 13 high priority values and I'd appreciate having all these at the start. The remainder I have put into medium and low priority in case you get time to add more (but they are in numerical order, not individually prioritised).

Address 01: Engine (J623-CREC)       Labels: None
   Part No SW: 8K2 907 551 A    HW: 4H2 907 551 A
   Component: 3.0l V6 TFSI  H10 0005  
   Revision: --H10---    
   Coding: 1A2500340447010B3800
   Shop #: WSC 06208 000 00000
   ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM30TFS0218K2907551A 003001
   ROD: EV_ECM30TFS0218K2907551_003.rod
   VCID: B12A43A8E06987CC18-80E4

HIGH PRIORITY (13)

IDE00167   Exhaust temperature 1 bank 1
IDE00168   Exhaust temperature 1 bank 2
IDE00191   Charge air pressure: actual value
IDE00968   Compressor speed
IDE01834   Battery voltage
IDE02116   Exhaust gas temperature before catalytic converter
IDE02250   Regulating flap for compressor: actual value
IDE08263   Exhaust temperature before catalytic converter: bank 2
IDE08946   Compressor magnetic clutch: status
IDE09983   Torque limitation due to high intake air temperature
ENG100261   Engine torque
ENG101741   Intake air temperature
ENG101828   Air mass

MEDIUM PRIORITY (6)

IDE00149   Ignition angle of current cylinder: actual value
IDE00196   Engine oil temperature
IDE00361   Ambient air pressure
IDE03711   Mass flow through throttle valve
IDE04000   Intake air temperature sensor
ENG102335   Misfires all cylinders per 1000 rpm

LOW PRIORITY (7)

IDE00090   selected gear
IDE00405   Crankshaft speed (RPM)
IDE00408   Engine mount 1
IDE00409   Engine mount 2
IDE05130   Regulating flap for compressor: activation
IDE07575   Driver request torque
ENG103698   Oil temperature

Hi, I added the following values for your ECU:

Exhaust temperature 1 bank 1
Air mass
Intake air temperature
Exhaust temperature 1 bank 2
Misfires all cylinders per 1000 rpm
Engine oil temperature
Charge air pressure: actual value
Exhaust gas temperature before catalytic converter
Engine torque
Ignition angle of current cylinder: actual value
Ambient air pressure
Crankshaft speed (RPM)
Regulating flap for compressor: actual value
Battery voltage
Mass flow through throttle valve
Regulating flap for compressor: activation
Oil temperature
Driver request torque
Exhaust temperature before catalytic converter: bank 2
Compressor speed
Torque limitation due to high intake air temperature

Thanks Stefan.

Is there a technical reason why "IDE08946   Compressor magnetic clutch: status" can't be added? I know its binary so of no use for the gauges, however I wanted it because it is a known weak component for this engine so I wanted to be able to monitor it.

I have not added it, because the reading is not a number but a text (like "open", "closed").
I don't support such values right now.

Hi Stefan, I have installed the unit in my car but I am having trouble getting it working. I'll send you details by e-mail.