Topic: Setup help for a new user
Installed my FIS-Control in my Mk4 Golf today and I'm very impressed so far. I have a couple of questions about how things work though, since I've not quite managed to get it to behave as I want...
I've managed to update to the newest software, set up the basic settings and get my bootlogo collection loaded through the Android app. (kudos to you for this, it works really well!)
1) In the Settings/Collections menu, the Group is prefilled to 255 on all entries. However going 'up' from 255 doesn't wrap around to 001 like it does with the measurement view. Is this a bug?
2) Manual section about Units: "The control units are normally using the metric unit system for their readings.
But you can also choose imperial or US unit system. The FIS-Control will convert the readings accordingly.
So liters will be gallons, kilometers will be miles and Bar will be PSI."
Please could you add a 'UK' option? We use miles and PSI but litres...
3) Strange things happen if I use lowercase text in the Preset labels (missing letters, wrong letters...) - although this works fine if I use capitals. Maybe another bug?
4) As I use OSX I am having trouble getting the 'send settings' option to work. I need to be connected through Bluetooth before I can set up the xmodem receive file options, but the FIS-Control doesn't activate the Bluetooth unit until after you hit Send Settings, and then it's too late..! I am however able to use the configurator and upload the settings file using the Android app. It would be really awesome if the Android app could receive as well as transmit...another feature request?
5) I have set up two collections which work as I expect, but I cannot get the measurement labels to work. In fact they don't work in presets set to Measurement either. Basically I want to achieve the same effect that you previously posted in this picture:
Could you please have a look at the attached settings file and see what might be the problem?
Thanks in advance,