Topic: FIS Controller, RNS-E, Telematics

Hi,

I’ve bought my FIS Controller from a friend and I know that it works, however when I plugged it in to my Audi S3 8L it has a conflict with the RNS-E that I’ve installed. On start up the DIS screen swaps between default info, FIS Controller boot screen and then ended up on Satnav position on its own accord. Then the stalk buttons don’t work. I’ve coded the instrument cluster channel 62 @ 15. As this works for my satnav and my Audi bluetooth module for phone connectivity with the RNS-E.

Unfortunately I don’t know what firmware version is installed on the FIS Controller nor do I know how old the FIS Controller is. Worst thing is I can’t update the firmware either because it won’t let me press any buttons to put the FIS Controller into update software mode via Bluetooth.

Please advise on possible solutions as I’d very much like to have this working on my car!

Regards,

Ash

Re: FIS Controller, RNS-E, Telematics

Hi Ash,

the FIS-Control does respond to the button presses, even if it does not show anything on the cluster screen.

Press and hold the down key at the side of the wiper stalk while turning on the ignition to set the FIS-Control into configuration mode: You can read the current firmware version with that and set the coding of the FIS-Control to "Telematics/3LB".

Press and hold the reset key at the bottom of the wiper stalk while turning on the ignition to set the FIS-Control into Software loading mode.

Hi Stefan,

Ok perfect I’ll give that a go thank you! I’m assuming by changing it to Telematic it shouldn’t interfere with the RNS-E and display fine after? I just realised that I wouldn’t be able to update the firmware anyway as I’ve got an iPhone. But I might be able to do it via my laptop. It’ll be a couple weeks now before I can do the changes as I’m away with work. I’ll keep you up to date with my progress.

Thanks,

Ash

Right. I assume that the current conflict is because the FIS-Control also tries to use the navigation channel.
You can solve this by coding the FIS-Control to use the Telematics channel.
You can do this without a Android phone or laptop: Just press and hold the down key while starting the ignition. Now press the up key once. Now turn off the ignition.
This procedure toggles the FIS-Control through its different codings. So you might have to repeat this 2 or 3 times.

Thanks again Stefan, I’ll try this first when I’m next at the car. Fingers crossed it works. Been anticipating getting one of these since you first brought them out. It’ll make my life so much easier keeping an eye on everything.

Hi Stefan,

Just want to say thank you! It works a treat now!

Kind regards,

Ash

Perfect. Thanks for the feedback.