Topic: B7 rs4 wont communicate

As the title States I received my FIS control for my B7 RS4 I plugged everything accordingly my original adaption value was 23    I set it to 15  with no luck I also was able to pair with Bluetooth   my car has navigation as well as telephone what should my coding be?  I'm not able to get it to boot up when I hold the upper button

Re: B7 rs4 wont communicate

Maybe the FIS-Control is stuck in software loading mode. Could you please connect the Android app (that is available in the Download section of my website) to the FIS-Control. If you see the letter C arriving once per second in the text field of the app, the FIS-Control is in software loading mode.
In order to make it operational again, you first have to send a valid firmware file.

You are correct there are C's in that screen    which firmware file should I load also what's the best coding?

I loaded the latest firmware file from your website the C are gone now

Ok, now you just need to set the correct coding for the FIS-Control and the cluster:
- Press and hold the down button at the side of the wiper stalk and tunr on the ignition.
- Connect the FIS-Control app to the FIS-Control
- Select "Firmware version" and click SEND
-> You should see the date of the current firmware in the text field of the app
- Select "Cluster: CAN Telematics" and click SEND
- Select "FIS-Control: Telematics / 3LB" and click SEND.

Now restart the ignition (without holding any button). FIS-Control should appear now, when you do a long press (about 2 seconds) on the up key.

Thank you what should my instrument cluster adoption value be if I want to have full screen?

Adoption value "15" is correct.

It doesn't appear to be overriding the top part of my screen though it flickers between FIS control and phone

Also are you able to use the mode button on the steering wheel to activate and the thumb wheel to navigate    can this be added?

As you have installed a radio and also phone, the upper part of the screen is already occupied and not usable by the FIS-Control.
To avoid the flickerung, go to SETTINGS -> HEADLINE and select RADIO.

Are the steering wheel button free to use, or do they also control other stuff? I could make the FIS-Control respond to the buttons, but I can not prevent the buttons from doing their intended functions.

That would be good for me as I don't use my radio controls on my steering wheel very much    how   I would like my mode button to serve as of my select and my left thumb wheel to use for navigating through the menu

Is this something you can do for me ?

Maybe the steering wheel controls I don't require but is it possible to have  fis control active once the ignition is turned on

I think I can add support for the steering wheel control.
And yes, it is possible to have the FIS-Control automatically active either when turning on the ignition or when starting the engine.

For start on ignition:
- Enable SETTINGS -> USER MODS -> HRDINA

For start with engine:
- Enable SETTINGS -> USER MODS -> RPM CAN
- Enable SETTINGS -> AUTOSTART -> ENGINE