Topic: DDP1.6

Hello,

I have FIS-Control in a MKIV Jetta, and have it wired to CANBUS so it would work with radio, etc.

I am missing having the graphs, start logo, etc. that are available when on 3LB. Since the 8N TT is similar, using CANBUS for cluster and has the graphics, is this something that could be done as well on this platform?

Re: DDP1.6

I tried to get it to work with my Golf Mk4 cluster. But it seems like it does not support graphics via CAN bus. Some clusters of the TT 8N have the same issue. So it might be that there a Mk4 clusters that do support graphics and other don't.

I know the cluster I have is 1J5-920-846c, which is Immo3, full FIS running VWK501MH (software version is identified by: 01.00, 01.10, or 00.92 in the top right corner of the sticker on the cluster, or by checking the cluster bin file).

It should support graphics as it worked previously in a car with a CANBUS OEM Navi radio and displayed fine.

I would wire it to 3LB and have full functionality that way, however when I set the FIS-Control to 3LB and refresh the Gateway listing, my radio and some other CANBUS devices no longer work.

I love your product, but it is quite frustrating that I can't use it fully without crippling my car, or using CANBUS mode which is missing features and locks up if I click the wrong feature.

I've searched the forum, and I know I'm not the only one that would benefit from CANBUS mode working properly if you are able to look into it further at some point.

4 (edited by Mave94 2020-08-29 19:44:57)

Hi mongoose_711,
how did you wire it to Canbus?
Pin 8/9 from Green 32 Plug to E2/4 of Fis Control?

How did you code your Cluster? Lower than 16000?

Thanks

Mave94 wrote:

Hi mongoose_711,

Thanks

E4 to Cluster Green pin 8
E2 to Cluster Green pin 9

I already had the cluster coded to >16000 as I have a radio that outputs to the FIS, however I have to pull the radio or it's fuse and refresh the CANBUS listing in the gateway for the FISControl to show up, and partially work.

mongoose_711 wrote:
Mave94 wrote:

Hi mongoose_711,

Thanks

E4 to Cluster Green pin 8
E2 to Cluster Green pin 9

I already had the cluster coded to >16000 as I have a radio that outputs to the FIS, however I have to pull the radio or it's fuse and refresh the CANBUS listing in the gateway for the FISControl to show up, and partially work.

Okay thank you, i see u saw my post about the fis control and colormfa.
I hope i can get it work