Topic: Display Engine Power

Hi.

Recently installed the FIS-Control MMI to my 2015 S5.

I would like to display engine power but can not find the parameter.

Is there a way to display engine power?

Re: Display Engine Power

Hi, I just recently added a feature to calculate engine power from RPM and torque:
Power [W] = 2 * PI * Torque [Nm] * Revs [1/s]

For this you have to add RPM and torque to the same table and set the correct item in the column "Calculation". The FIS-Control will then replace the RPM reading with the calculated engine power.

I tested this with my S5 and reading are higher than expected. I assume that the torque reading from the ECU is not very precise.

My configuration to calculate and show the power look like in the attached pic.

Post's attachments

power.jpg 32.67 kb, 1 downloads since 2021-06-29 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Thanks guys, I'll be testing this very soon

Hello,  also on RS3 8V ist the Power value too high because of the higher read of the engine torque.   The correct Torque is shown from DSG unit values Actual torque Clutch1 resp. Clutch2.  Would it be possible to calculate the engine power from the two clutches values?  Problem is that the on impair and pair gears are always shown the torque in the other cell.

That is a good hint.
If I understand you right, the problem is that you have to know which gear is engaged to decide if the calculation should take RPM and torque from clutch 1 or clutch 2.
Maybe we should first confirm that the engine power that is calculated from the DSG values is plausible at all. If this is the case, I thinkwe can find a way to apply the proper calculation.

Yes the calculation have to take one of two (clutch1 and clutch2) values below of the RPM value.  If it is possible it should take always the line/clutch on which is value >0    On the other (not engaged) clutch is then the torque under zero.

To confirm the DSG torque values across hole RPMs would be possible with VCDS logging and then to do some calculations every several hundred rpm against the dyno graph.  I was able to check only the max value and that shows me around 540Nm. On dyno it was 530Nm but that was the only dyno run right after ecu flashing so the real value after adaptation can be 10Nm plus.   Engine torque from ECU is showing 580-590 what is definitely too much also in peak.