Topic: Audi S1 boost pressure (turbo)

Does anyone know if there is a way to show te boost pressure?

Re: Audi S1 boost pressure (turbo)

Yes, there is a measurement value that tells the boost pressure:
"Charge air pressure: actual value [bar] - IDE00191"

I have tried this, but at idle it already shows 1 Bar of pressure.

It is probably showing you the atmospheric pressure, which is something you need to subtract to get the boost only.

From FIS control manual: "The column Boost pressure allows to show the boost pressure as gauge pressure instead of absolute pressure. This is done by subtracting the current ambient pressure from the absolute pressure reading. To make this work, you have to have the parameters for absolute pressure and ambient air pressure on the same table. Also you have to indicate, which row in the table is which pressure. If the control unit outputs the two parameters with different units, you have to convert the unit for the ambient pressure to match the unit of the absolute pressure that comes from the control unit."

Audi A5 B8.5 2.0 TFSI, MMI 3g+

5 (edited by marcel88 2022-06-02 10:59:32)

Hi, I also tried to configure the Boost pressure in one of the gauges I designed in my FIS-Control setup. In my tableI  took the signal "Charge air pressure: actual value" and choose for Calculation Boost pressure as a further signal I implemented"Ambient air pressure" with the Calculation "Ambient pressure". Unfortunately when I tried it out the pressure was above 1bar so I believe the calculation is not working or something seems to be wrong. Does anyone have a hint for me what might be se issue?

Post's attachments

2022_06_02_09_58_14_2022_06_02_09_52_22_FIS_Designer_Golf_7_V1.png_Paint.png 50.91 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hi, the mistake is that you have to convert the output unit of the ambient pressure into the same unit as the input (!) of the boost pressure.
In other words, do not convert the ambient pressure to "Bar" but to "hPa".
But have a look, there should be a measurement value with ambient pressure already in hPa in the list of values for your ECU.

7 (edited by marcel88 2022-06-02 13:29:47)

Hi Stefan, thank you for your quick response. There seems to be only one value for Ambient pressure which is in [kPa]. But I believe it might work if I take the Conversion "x10" than the Value is beeing converted from kPa to hPa and should match with the basic value of "Charge air pressure" which is in hPa.

Post's attachments

Unbenannt.png 13.37 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.