Topic: Help Collection Setting

Hello, Someone can halp me Step by step, how to set the collection on the main screen?
I tried, but I always have the black screen without data.

Re: Help Collection Setting

Hi,

have you seen the instructions about the collection in the manual?
https://fis-control.de/manual.html#c64

One important step is to set up the preset correctly.
For example if you have "Collection 1" with measurement values of the engine control unit, you will have to configure the preset like this:
Control Unit: Engine
Block: should be the same measurement block as you set in the first line of your collection
Value: 1 (this is important because it selects which collection to use)
View: Collection

Re: Help Collection Setting

I have seen the instruction, but without example I can’t do it right.
Also on YouTube can’t found a video (in English) with example to made a first collection.

Re: Help Collection Setting

Hi,

no problem, I can give an example.
Let's say you want to show a collection with these six measurements from the engine control unit:
Line 1: measuremet block 10, value 1
Line 2: measuremet block 20, value 2
Line 3: measuremet block 30, value 3
Line 4: measuremet block 40, value 4
Line 5: measuremet block 50, value 1
Line 6: measuremet block 60, value 2


You have to go to SETTINGS -> COLLECTION and select COLLECTION 1.
Now select LINE 1, then go to GROUP and select 10, then go to VALUE and select 1.
Now select LINE 2, then go to GROUP and select 20, then go to VALUE and select 2.
Now select LINE 3, then go to GROUP and select 30, then go to VALUE and select 3.
Now select LINE 4, then go to GROUP and select 40, then go to VALUE and select 4.
Now select LINE 5, then go to GROUP and select 50, then go to VALUE and select 1.
Now select LINE 6, then go to GROUP and select 60, then go to VALUE and select 2.

This will configure the collection. Now you have to configure where the collection shall be shown.
Let's say you want it in PRESET 1.

Go to SETTINGS -> PRESETS -> PRESET 1 and set the following:
CONTROL UNIT: 01 EINGINE
GROUP: 10 (this should be the first group that is used in your collection)
VALUE: 1 (this selects that you want to show the first collection)
VIEW: COLLECTION

That's it.

Re: Help Collection Setting

stefan@fis-control wrote:

Hi,

no problem, I can give an example.
Let's say you want to show a collection with these six measurements from the engine control unit:
Line 1: measuremet block 10, value 1
Line 2: measuremet block 20, value 2
Line 3: measuremet block 30, value 3
Line 4: measuremet block 40, value 4
Line 5: measuremet block 50, value 1
Line 6: measuremet block 60, value 2


You have to go to SETTINGS -> COLLECTION and select COLLECTION 1.
Now select LINE 1, then go to GROUP and select 10, then go to VALUE and select 1.
Now select LINE 2, then go to GROUP and select 20, then go to VALUE and select 2.
Now select LINE 3, then go to GROUP and select 30, then go to VALUE and select 3.
Now select LINE 4, then go to GROUP and select 40, then go to VALUE and select 4.
Now select LINE 5, then go to GROUP and select 50, then go to VALUE and select 1.
Now select LINE 6, then go to GROUP and select 60, then go to VALUE and select 2.

This will configure the collection. Now you have to configure where the collection shall be shown.
Let's say you want it in PRESET 1.

Go to SETTINGS -> PRESETS -> PRESET 1 and set the following:
CONTROL UNIT: 01 EINGINE
GROUP: 10 (this should be the first group that is used in your collection)
VALUE: 1 (this selects that you want to show the first collection)
VIEW: COLLECTION

That's it.

Thank you very much

Re: Help Collection Setting

Is not possible in the collection 1 (for example) have other value from other control unit?
Engine, dsg, haldex 4x4…

Re: Help Collection Setting

No, that is not possible. Communication is only possible to one control unit at the same time.

Re: Help Collection Setting

stefan@fis-control wrote:

Hi,

no problem, I can give an example.
Let's say you want to show a collection with these six measurements from the engine control unit:
Line 1: measuremet block 10, value 1
Line 2: measuremet block 20, value 2
Line 3: measuremet block 30, value 3
Line 4: measuremet block 40, value 4
Line 5: measuremet block 50, value 1
Line 6: measuremet block 60, value 2


You have to go to SETTINGS -> COLLECTION and select COLLECTION 1.
Now select LINE 1, then go to GROUP and select 10, then go to VALUE and select 1.
Now select LINE 2, then go to GROUP and select 20, then go to VALUE and select 2.
Now select LINE 3, then go to GROUP and select 30, then go to VALUE and select 3.
Now select LINE 4, then go to GROUP and select 40, then go to VALUE and select 4.
Now select LINE 5, then go to GROUP and select 50, then go to VALUE and select 1.
Now select LINE 6, then go to GROUP and select 60, then go to VALUE and select 2.

This will configure the collection. Now you have to configure where the collection shall be shown.
Let's say you want it in PRESET 1.

Go to SETTINGS -> PRESETS -> PRESET 1 and set the following:
CONTROL UNIT: 01 EINGINE
GROUP: 10 (this should be the first group that is used in your collection)
VALUE: 1 (this selects that you want to show the first collection)
VIEW: COLLECTION

That's it.

I have made like this, but continue to see black screen.
If select single value I see only the number but not what is it (like oli temp o speed)

Re: Help Collection Setting

To configure the "Labels for measurment values", you have to use the configurator:
https://fis-control.de/config_en.html

About your black screen problem. Would it be possible that you send me your settings file?
Here is explained how to receive the settings from the FIS-Control with a Windows laptop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eTrsIlG-v0

Re: Help Collection Setting

stefan@fis-control wrote:

To configure the "Labels for measurment values", you have to use the configurator:
https://fis-control.de/config_en.html

About your black screen problem. Would it be possible that you send me your settings file?
Here is explained how to receive the settings from the FIS-Control with a Windows laptop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eTrsIlG-v0

I tried to connect with a usb-com adapter, but I can't connect to the fis control.
I don’t have Bluetooth on may laptop.

Re: Help Collection Setting

Did you set the baudrate correctly? For USB cable it is necessary to set it to 115200 bit/s.

Re: Help Collection Setting

stefan@fis-control wrote:

Did you set the baudrate correctly? For USB cable it is necessary to set it to 115200 bit/s.

yes have set 115200

Re: Help Collection Setting

Did you select SETTINGS -> FLASH MEMORY -> LOAD SETTINGS -> RS-232 in the FIS-Control?
You should see the letter C every second in the Terminal program on your laptop then.

Re: Help Collection Setting

stefan@fis-control wrote:

Did you select SETTINGS -> FLASH MEMORY -> LOAD SETTINGS -> RS-232 in the FIS-Control?
You should see the letter C every second in the Terminal program on your laptop then.

Now work.

Post's attachments

data 64 kb, 5 downloads since 2022-06-27 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Help Collection Setting

It is ok the file setting?

Re: Help Collection Setting

No, the collections are not ok.
If you tell me, which measurements you want to have in your collections, I could create a config file for you.

Re: Help Collection Setting

stefan@fis-control wrote:

No, the collections are not ok.
If you tell me, which measurements you want to have in your collections, I could create a config file for you.

I would want have:

Water temp        block 01 value 2
OIL temp           block 134 value 1
OIL level            block 09 value 1
Boost
Intake air temp  block 134 value 3
Cat temp           block 225 value 3

Re: Help Collection Setting

Hi, please try the attached settings file.

Post's attachments

fis_control.dat 64 kb, 2 downloads since 2022-07-02 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.