Topic: Oil pressure sensor Bosh Motorsport PST-F 1

Hi,

Just ordered a Fis Control for my 8J TTRS, mainly for oil pressure monitoring purpose, and while I’m there, I’ll add an egt and an ethanol sensor.

I’m contemplating the Bosch Motorsport PST-F 1 oil/temperature sensor as it’s the easiest for me to grab and wondering if it’s already supported ?

Here’s the details :

https://www.bosch-motorsport.com/conten … =54261003/

Also wondering what size wire you recommend for that kind of sensor

Greetings

Matt

Re: Oil pressure sensor Bosh Motorsport PST-F 1

Hi, the pressure signal of the Bosch sensor seems to be identical to the Zadatech oil pressure sensor.
I will check tomorrow about the temperature. If it is not available in the FIS-Control yet, I will add it.

The wire gauge does not really matter for these sensor signals as almost no current is flowing.

Hi, for the temperature you can pick the "0261230340 TE" from the sensor list of the FIS-Control. It does exactly match your sensor.

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for you reactivity. I’m all covered for this aspect now

Last question, is the zeitronix ECA-2 the only ethanol sensor compatible with the Fis Control ?

Greetings

Matt

Hi Matt, yes the ECA-2 is the only one I support right now. But I could add others as well, at least if they output a signal between 0 to 5 volts or CAN.

Hi Stefan,

Any idea of the current ETA of the fis control ? Not the light version

Sorry, I really do not know. There is no delivery date for some needed electronic parts.

Hi Stefan, found a brand new but second hand unit so bought it. Installed straight away, work as it should.

Updated to the latest firmware using the android app and found the measuring block that I want to display in collections using VCDS.

The android app only work to send files to the fis control, or can I send my current settings (.dat file) to the app in order to make modifications ?

Regards,

Matt

Hi Matt,

the app can only send files. But with a laptop, it is also possible to receive files.
See here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eTrsIlG-v0

10 (edited by MattRS 2022-10-18 12:45:43)

Seen the video earlier but my only PC with Bluetooth is my work one and I’m not admin on it so can’t install anything on it

I’ve made a file from scratch that works quite good, collections are nearly how I want them. Sadly discovered that my DQ500 speaks UDS, so I need a solution to add an external temp sensor…

My temperature / pressure combined sensor is not connected yet as I wait for parts for my oil cooler setup, but already set it in one of my collections, it’s just display voltage for now but no label. How can I name it ?

Thanks for your support

Regards

Matt

Hi, in order to use an external sensor, you have to set SETTINGS -> SENSORS -> SENOSR x  and pick the correct sensor there.
You can label external sensor just like measurement values of regular control units.

stefan@fis-control wrote:

Hi, in order to use an external sensor, you have to set SETTINGS -> SENSORS -> SENOSR x  and pick the correct sensor there.
You can label external sensor just like measurement values of regular control units.

Thank you Stefan. I’ve picked the sensor I’m willing to install in the settings and and now it display value in bar and temperature in degrees but don’t display the name I have set in the labels (groupe 0 value 6 and 7) but the sensors are not connected yet so that’s maybe the problem.

I have another problem where the value from the group 230 and 231 are displayed on the screen but in a fix manner, for example the rail pressure always display 109. I’ve maybe made a mistake ?

I’ve attached my last iteration of .dat file

Last question, I’ve found this device for ethanol sensor :

https://www.p3cars.com/accessories/p3-e … e-adaptor/

May work with the fis control ?

Regards,

Matt

Post's attachments

fis_control.dat 64 kb, 2 downloads since 2022-10-23 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

In the label settings, you have not set the correct block for the external sensors. Sensor inputs 1 to 4 are in block 1 and, inputs 5 to 7 in block 2.
I did not find specific data of the output signal of that P3 sensor. It seems to use an output signal of 0 to 5 volts, so that is compatible to the FIS-Control. But in order to add the correct conversion formula, I will have to know which output voltage corresponds to which Ethanol percentage and fuel temp.
If you find that information, I can add the sensor to the FIS-Control.

Thanks again for your prompt support. I’ve made the change in the file, just need to upload it.

I’ve asked the manufacturer for the voltage output, hope to get a reply. Either way, I will try it as it’s easier for me to grab a continental sensor and this device than a zeitronix eca-2. If I can’t have details about the voltage output, I can still make my own research with a ethanol content tester and a voltmeter. I’ll let you know

stefan@fis-control wrote:

In the label settings, you have not set the correct block for the external sensors. Sensor inputs 1 to 4 are in block 1 and, inputs 5 to 7 in block 2.
I did not find specific data of the output signal of that P3 sensor. It seems to use an output signal of 0 to 5 volts, so that is compatible to the FIS-Control. But in order to add the correct conversion formula, I will have to know which output voltage corresponds to which Ethanol percentage and fuel temp.
If you find that information, I can add the sensor to the FIS-Control.

Hi stefan, me again...

You will find attached my last iteration of .dat file. Since two days I'm having a issue, my second collection display the exact same value and labels as my first one, while my file look correct. tried reuploading the firmware, multiple iteration of the file with no success...

Have you ever experienced that ?

Regards,

Matt

Config is not attached. Please try posting it again. I assume that the "value" of the preset does not point to the collection you want to use.

17 (edited by MattRS 2022-10-26 15:59:38)

Here it is

Post's attachments

fis_control.dat 64 kb, 2 downloads since 2022-10-26 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I was right ;-)

If you want to have "Preset 2" showing the "Collection 2", you have to set the "value" of the Preset 2 to "2".

For Preset 1 and 3, you did it right.

Shit, lol. I forgot about that. fully fonctional now. Thanks again