Topic: FIS-Control model for cluster swapping car?

Hi Stefan,

Glad to see the FIS-Control on sale.
We have been waiting this for a long time :-)

I have some questions about the FIS-Control:

1. My car is VW Golf MK4 R32 (2003 year) with a 1J0920826J MFA cluster.
    I have swapped my cluster to a Passat B5.5 GP FIS cluster (3B0920849).
    Should I buy the one for Golf (after 2002) model (http://www.turbozentrum.de/elektronik/a … 2/a-43725/)

Or

a Passat (after 2001) model (http://www.turbozentrum.de/elektronik/a … 1/a-43726/)

What is the differences between these models? Wiring harness?

2. I install a MFD G version radio which uses the CAN-Bus to communicate with the cluster, but I don't have the TMC box currently. My cluster cannot get any radio/track info from the MFD.

The FIS-control will only use 3LB on VW platform.
    If the FIS-control will work normally on my cluster (Passat GP 5.5 cluster on a Golf MK4 R32)?
    Will it blocked by the MFD G radio which uses CAN-Bus?

3. Is it possible to support the CAN-Bus on VW platform in the future?

Really appreciate for your great product!! Thanks!!

BRs,
Jeremy

Re: FIS-Control model for cluster swapping car?

Hi Jeremy!

1. There is absolutely no difference between the FIS-Control for the Golf R32 and the Passat B5.5. Actually the FIS-Control box is the same for all supported cars. And for VW there are only two different cable sets (one for clusters with partnumber "xxx 919 xxx" and one for partnumber "xxx 920 xxx". The TURBOZENTRUM just decided to put an extra item in the shop for every car model.

2. As long as the CAN bus from the MFD is not connected to the cluster, the FIS-Control will perfectly work. If you connect a TMC box to the cluster it possibly works.

3. Maybe I will add support for that in the future. But the current cable sets for VW don't connect the CAN wires to the FIS-Control. So it will be needed to modify the cable sets.

Re: FIS-Control model for cluster swapping car?

Hi Stefan,

Got it!!
Thanks for your prompt response.
Hoping to see the CAN-Bus support in the near future :-D
Thanks!!

BRs,
Jeremy