1 (edited by H|TM@N 2024-05-05 15:35:23)

Topic: FIS Control app for Windows

First of all, I am new to the FIS Control scene. I acquired the FIS Control MMI for my 2015 Audi S1 and thought it would be easy to upload the configuration files with my laptop PC instead of an Adroid device...
Well, let's just say I can't get it to work. I can get the firmware version and I can get the ECU Dataset from the Windows App.

What other configuration needs to be done to upload new firmware and configuration files? Or am I being an idiot?

Post's attachments

Waiting for Data_1.png 11.38 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: FIS Control app for Windows

Hi, you're almost there. When you see the FFFFF, the FIS-Control is waiting for a new file. So just click on "Upload file to FIS-Control". A dialog window will open, where you can pick the file from your laptop that you want to transfer to the FIS-Control.

Thank you Stefan.
I managed to update the firmware, upload the config files, but I can't get the FIS Control to display anything. Is it possible that I have plugged the cable to monitor in the wrong connector? The monitor still displays as per normal.

Post's attachments

Uploaded config_needles_background.png 17.11 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Hi, when you click on "MMI: fast upload" in the app and you see the FFFFF, the FIS-Control should show a black screen with some green text on the MMI monitor? Is this the case? If not, then I would check the wiring.

5 (edited by H|TM@N 2024-05-06 14:04:55)

I have checked the wiring, and it's fine. When using "MMI: fast upload" the screen just flashes...

Post's attachments

Screen.jpg 56.75 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Ah, I see. It looks like you have the RMC system installed in your S1 and not the MMI 3G. The screen resolution of the RMC is lower than the one from the MMI 3G.

Please use the "low resolution" files:

https://fis-control.de/mmi_example_conf … lution.dat
https://fis-control.de/mmi_example_conf … lution.bin
https://fis-control.de/mmi_example_conf … lution.bin

After loading these files to the FIS-Control, you should see something on your monitor.

7 (edited by H|TM@N 2024-05-07 08:24:34)

Thank you Stefan,
I now get the gauges, but what stumps me is that I used the Low Res files from your Configurator tool page (https://www.fis-control.de/mmi.html) and that didn't change the resolution to the lower resolution for the MMI 3G display. I have questions though:
1. Does the file name make a difference, or do I need to use the exact same file name?
2. If I edit the .DAT file, will it stay in Low Res mode or is there a switch/tick I need to add? There is!

I have tried my config file (.DAT) and it then changes back to Hi Res, so there is something in my file that isn't 100% correct. I will try and edit the file you attached above.

Many thanks for your assistance!

Post's attachments

Gauges.jpg 67.08 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

8 (edited by H|TM@N 2024-05-07 14:38:05)

This is the screen I get when I upload my configuration file, but for some reason it changes back to hi res after I upload my file:

As soon as I change the ECU Dataset to EV_ECM20TFS0208X0906259_01006 I don't have the gauges anymore and I am unable to edit the Low_Res example file successfully using the current ECU Dataset in the example.  And all I actually wanted was the oil temperature and maybe Boost pressure and oil pressure.

EDIT:
It helps to install the firmware file that corresponds with your ECM Version... I was being an idiot.

Thanks for the assistance Stefan.

Post's attachments

cli screen.jpg 52.55 kb, file has never been downloaded.