Re: How to code information for labels?

Explanation:  The first file used to contain one row with a label.  That worked briefly (at the bottom of the screen) then never again.
The second used to contain two rows with labels but they never appeared on the screen.
The others all contained two rows which never appeared on the screen.
The "partial" files did not transfer properly. 
I don't know what happened to the data I inserted.  I did not touch any other fields other than the labels fields at the bottom of the page

Your file "fis_control 10.dat.e5tvr8c.partial" looked almost ok. I corrected the few things that were wrong.

Post's attachments

stefan.dat 64 kb, 3 downloads since 2016-11-01 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Thanks.  I'll try that file as soon as I can find the time. 

If that is successful, can I enter the rest of the labels into that file and transfer it to FIS-Control again?

I've just realised why the battery went flat the other day - I spent several hours in the car with the ignition and radio on. And the electrically-heated seats were also switched on from my trip home the previous night.

I thought it was a bit stuffy inside the car but it's getting into mosquito season so I couldn't drop the roof smile

Two further problems Stefan:  I opened and completed the file you sent (ie added all the rest of the labels, groups and values etc exactly as you did).  Then I tried to save it to my TeraTerm 4.92 Folder, but it said it could not download it.  I tried twice, and then looked in the folder.  The files were in there, but had different names and said they were partially downloaded.  The original file was there too - where I had first saved it.  But it was empty.

Then I tried to transfer one of the files via Tera Term but when sending it defaults to checksum.  There's no way of changing it back to CRC. 

So once again, nothing happened

I'd really like to help you, but I have no idea what went wrong. I have never seen a problem with partial downloads from the configurator.
Try downloading the config file to a different folder, or delete the old "fis_control.dat" first, before you download the new one.

I found out that the reason the files weren't downloading was that all the previous files I'd tried to download were in a queue also waiting to download (I don't know why...)

Once I deleted all the files in the queue, I saved/downloaded the latest file successfully.  I will try and transfer it soon.

However, I think the next problem is going to be that when sending data from the computer (as opposed to receiving it), the system defaults to checksum.  There is no facility on the Send menu to change checksum to CRC like you can in Receive.

I again went to the TeraTerm Help menu but of course it is empty...

I assume it's not going to transfer data with checksum?  How can I change this to CRC?  Or is there another way?  The file is all ready to go

Hooray!!  I have at last successfully transferred and saved the data to FIS-Control.   I deleted all the .DAT files and partial downloads, and when I established the Bluetooth connection discovered I had a third COM Port.  So I used that port and as soon as I went into Transfer - Send, it appeared it was using the CRC protocol (I didn't change anything).

The data was quickly transferred.  However, I found that the labels only appear if you are in Single Measurement view, and they appear under the value, not at the top of the screen.  So I changed the View setting for all my presets to Single Measurement. 

Now I can play around with the different views to get the optimum setup. 

Thanks for sticking with me Stefan - this has been quite an adventure and has required a lot of patience from both of us.

I'm going to start a couple more threads shortly, but hopefully they will take less time to resolve!

Final word: I went back to File Explorer on my laptop to see which .DAT files were left - the ones I had deleted had all returned, but with different extensions!!  Work that one out

Glad to hear, that it finally worked.