Topic: New FW

Hi Stefan, I have just seen that the new FW allows 5 tables. Since my ECU only allows me to have 8 values in the table, does this mean that after I use the new FW, I will also be restricted to 8 values in the other 4 tables?

Based on your changelog comment am I correct in understanding that there will still be only 2 screens, but the new FW will allow the 2nd screen to be switched between tables with a new "option view"?

Does the system have the capability to have more than 2 screens as an alternate method of viewing the tables?

Re: New FW

Hi,

the restriction to 8 values comes from the engine control unit. Some other ECUs allow to read ten parameters at the same time. But in your car every table can only have up to 8 values.

At the moment, the FIS-Control can only show two screens. Together with the standard MMI screen of the headunit, you can browse three different views. In my opinion this is the best solution. More views would make the daily usage more difficult.

I will improve the way how to change the table for the second screen.

Thanks. I'll try it out and let you know what I think.

I am continuing this thread as the topic seems open enough.

Stefan, I see that you have added some options to show relative boost pressure. What is the proper way to use them? I can't seem to find any info on that.

Unit conversion is another great addition. Could you please also add a multiplier for "kg/h" to "g/s" conversion?

Audi A5 B8.5 2.0 TFSI, MMI 3g+

Hi,

to show relative boost pressure, you have to add the parameter for the ambient pressure to the same table as the boost pressure.
Make sure that both pressures are read with the same unit from the control unit. If the units do not match, use the "factor" to convert the ambient pressure to the same unit as the raw value of the boost pressure.
Now tell the FIS-Control which line of the table is the boost pressure and which one is the ambient pressure.

In general I try to explain all options in the manual:
https://fis-control.de/fis_control_mmi_en.html#c32

The conversion between kg/h and g/s is a good idea. I will add this soon.

I'd had been thinking of checking if there had been any updates and I see that I missed loads of them! I was also unaware that there was a manual...

Stefan, please can you answer -
1) What's the new Virtual Cockpit layout? Is it as per your recent YouTube vids? Since there's no new background file is it just a single non-configurable layout?
2) If I check "Scroll through all tables" how do I select the tables when driving?
3) I see that the android app has been updated - what are the significant changes?

Hi!

1) The virtual cockpit view is similar to the gauges view, but it does not show the "max value indicator dot". Instead it shows the current value as digits in the middle of the gauges. The layout is configurable, the only thing that cannot be changed is the font of the numeric value.

2) If "Scroll though all tables" is checked, you can simply use the roller of the steering wheel.

3) Only new feature of the app is the "MMI: Reboot", that will just reboot the FIS-Control without the need to cycle the ignition. This is helpfull to load new settings to the FIS-Control and activate them, without the need to stop the engine.

Thanks, so do I need to create background and gauges files for the virtual cockpit?

Yes.

Please also add "m/s2" to "g" conversion, and vice versa. Or maybe just allow an arbitrary value?

Audi A5 B8.5 2.0 TFSI, MMI 3g+

Yes, I will add that conversion.

12 (edited by Lightningman 2020-07-23 08:48:15)

Hey Stefan,

mokilok wrote:

Please also add "m/s2" to "g" conversion, and vice versa. Or maybe just allow an arbitrary value?

Yes, I would like to second both wishes. I think a 3
step math conversion. Like: (a*b)+c would be sufficient
in most cases.

Another wish: to be able to use 3 user selectable places
to gather the data for the gauges. It isn't always rationable
to use the first three values from table # 1 for the gauges.
One could use the markers from the online configurator
to identify the values (i.e. "Gauge Left", "Gauge Center",
"Gauge Right") maybe via Dropdownmenu

The function MMI Reboot doesn't work if you upgrade the fw,
because the FC disconnects Bluetooth @fter fw upgrade.
It would be cool if you could auto-restart the FC once a fw
upgrade has taken place sucessfully. If you update the fw,
there is no other choice anyway except to reboot big_smile

Audi A6 / BDG 2,5 TDI Bj 2003 // Mj 2004 Bekennender FIS-Control Junky ;ö))
Jetzt auch mit A6 4G Avant Bj 2013 BiTu unterwegs // Fzg. nicht mehr ohne Mods ;ö))

Neuste Errungenschaft: VW Passat B8 R-Line Mj 2016 mit "allem" (außer HUD und Pano) als Daily Driver. Nur sehr wenige Mods nötig ;ö))))

Stefan, thanks for the "scroll through all tables" option - it's exactly what I want.
I set some of the "decimals" in my tables but after uploading the file they seem to have been ignored as all my measurements are shown with 3, and most are .000 - have I misunderstood this feature? The file definitely uploaded because I also changed a couple of the measurement values and they are shown changed.

@Lightningman: Good ideas, as always. But for now, I will not add them to my to do list.

@Dippy: At the moment the "decimals" are only applied to the numeric values of the Virtual Cockpit layout.

Thanks. Do you think you'll be able to publish the VC background/needle files (you mentioned on the YouTube video that you need the originator's permission)?

Here is the template for the GTI design: https://fis-control.de/tmp/gti_template.zip

Hi Stefan, what do I need to do to access my TCU? Do you need info from me?

2020-08-12
- The structure of the settings file has changed, therefore this firmware will need a new settings file
- It is now possible to select a different control unit for every table. This allows to define a view for the transmission control unit, e.g. to read the transmission fluid temperature

If the ASAM data set is not yet available on the ECU list of the configuratir, I woul dneed the ASAM dataset number and version of your TCU.

I sent you a "MMI: Scan UDS" scan from my ECU at the beginning of the year - did that include the ASAM dataset info?

Here's my ECU & TCU from VCDS:

Address 01: Engine (J623-CREC)       Labels: None
   Part No SW: 8K2 907 551 A    HW: 4H2 907 551 A
   Component: 3.0l V6 TFSI  H10 0005 
   Revision: --H10---   
   Coding: 1A2500340447010B3800
   Shop #: WSC 06208 000 00000
   ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM30TFS0218K2907551A 003001
   ROD: EV_ECM30TFS0218K2907551_003.rod
   VCID: B12A43A8E06987C79A-80E4

Address 02: Auto Trans (J217)       Labels:| 0B5-927-156.clb
   Part No SW: 8K0 927 166     HW: 0B5 927 156 K
   Component: 0B5 30TFSIRdW H03 0004 
   Revision: --H03---   
   Coding: 000001
   Shop #: WSC 06325 000 00000
   ASAM Dataset: EV_TCMDL501021 001021
   ROD: EV_TCMDL501021.rod
   VCID: F2A88CA425EFFCDF23-80A6

No, the UDS scan only included the engine control unit.
But what I needed is just the data set number "EV_TCMDL501021 001021". I will add it to the FIS-Control this weekend.

Your TCU is added.

Hello Stefan,

Could you please add my Transmission. Its a
6-Speed DSG DQ 250 which is a pretty
common tranny.

The ASAM Dataset: EV_TCMDQ250021 001001

Thanks!

Jetzt auch mit A6 4G Avant Bj 2013 BiTu unterwegs // Fzg. nicht mehr ohne Mods ;ö))

Neuste Errungenschaft: VW Passat B8 R-Line Mj 2016 mit "allem" (außer HUD und Pano) als Daily Driver. Nur sehr wenige Mods nötig ;ö))))

Sure, but I will need some days to do it.

No Problem.  For me the resolution adjustment problem
has a higher priority than this big_smile Add it as soon as you
find the necessary time.

Hi, new firmware with support for the EV_TCMDQ250021_001001 is available.